Friday, July 10, 2009

Vague Wonderings

Why is it that as you get into the higher numbers of clothing sizes, people think you have a secret desire to join the circus or become a human billboard? Just because I'm "plus-sized" doesn't mean I've shoved all my taste down the hill in a grocery cart. No, I don't like bright, blaring colors slammed together in a frenetic print. I don't want anybody to think I'm more inwardly crazy than I already am. I also don't want to advertise SeanJohn or Babyphat or anyone else. What do I personally have to gain from a t-shirt that says" Eat at Joe's- I obviously do.....alot" ? I don't need extra gauze or gold studs to bring major attention to myself, because when I'm in an enclosed space- let's face it- I'm hard to miss. I don't need to hurt someone with my gold studs or lame' belt as I'm passing by. Listen up, designers of America, big people like jeans too! and not with elastic in the back or giant pleats and leather lace-ups in the front! I'm pretty sure I can make it into a pair of jeans with out an attached, bright pink shoehorn(new accessory!) or the corset laceups.
Now excuse me as I go and change- these red leather pants are making me sweat......

No comments: