Friday, November 28, 2008

Twilight........ Not At Twilight


Rather at midnight! Yes, I know- a rather risky move for a middle-aged teaching mom. However, I was extended an invitation by my little sister to join the cool kids for a night and I couldn't resist. Bless their hearts, she and my sis-in-law Jess went early and saved seats. I kidnapped my friend Shannon and giddy as college co-eds, we drove into the night to meet up with hundreds of other Twilight fans.

I can say that it was well worth the trip and lack of sleep AND consternation of my 14 yr-old daughter who couldn't BELIEVE that I went to the opening at midnight and still taught school the next day (it was a half-day-phew!). It was so good, that my sister Jamie and I didn't even want to go to the bathroom for fear of missing anything. The movie was 2 hours long, but I would have stayed another hour.

Thanks to Stephanie Meyer for coming up with Twilight and to my little sis Jamie, who coerced me along for the fun!

No comments: