Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Big Ups for Triple P cont.















As far as stepdaughters go, she'll do. Aubreigh is the moderator to our Fullercoaster. We all adore her. Her sisters idolize her- her dad shares a special bond with her and she's one of my best friends. She's my wing man on many a crazy scheme and no matter if she secretly thinks I'm a superfreak, she's always got my back. I will eventually return the favor and, swallowing my terror, allow her to drive the family vehicle. I am now publicly thanking her for making my life easy as a wicked step-mother. When I made that plunge into instant mom and married her father, I never knew what a blessing she would be.

It's amazing how much of myself I see in her, even though she is genetically not mine. She loves to dance, sing and socialize. She's also got a wacky side and sees nothing wrong with wearing sparkly, shiny pants....

She has a great sense of adventure and will usually, willingly or unwillingly, go along with my schemes or come up with her own. She's the only person I know that will ride on the back of a quad with me on a dangerously crazy slope and not abandon ship when I say "I think I wet my pants.."

She is incredibly even-keeled and accepting. She lives between two families and lifestyles and comes out virtually unscathed and totally herself. We are just grateful that she keeps coming back for more.....

Aubreigh is the reason I ferociously play Guitar Hero into the wee hours of the morning (partly because she cheats and I have to catch up to her high score).

She puts up with her sisters who are 7 and 10 years younger and who, despite the fact that they drive her crazy, think she is a mix of Hannah Montana and Kim Possible all rolled into one.

She can talk her father into almost anything and acts as an emissary for me on a regular basis. He adores her and although he has a hard time with the fact that she is growing up, is fiercely proud of her. Both he and I would take her in a second if she decided to stay with us year round

She is beautiful inside and out. Her cracker stepmother is jealous of her insta-tan in the Summer and her long, thick, beautiful hair. By the way, a public thank you for putting up with all of the home haircuts and me attempting to wax your eyebrows at the tender age of 10.

Her sense of humor is brilliant and she cracks me up on a regular basis- even when I don't want to laugh. She finds humor in everyday things and puts up with our wackiness in good humor. While camping this summer, she and I ran into the metropolis of Heber-Overgaard to get s'more makings and ice. We found a little country store and barely, got the things we needed. The poor clerk was obviously foreign and when I asked for ice, he said, "IZEOWSAI". At a loss I looked at Aubreigh to translate. She stood there with her mouth twitching, but saying nothing. The clerk said, a few more times, "IZEOWSAI, IZEOWSAI!" I said, "Oh, no ice?!" To which he raised his voice and pointed "IZEOWSAI!!!!!!" I said, "whatever", and paid for my groceries. Aubreigh immediately grabbed my arm with me muttering sarcastically, "I hope he'll be okay...." and yanked me out of the market, over to the now visible ice machine and yelled " IZEOWSAI!!!!" That became our tag phrase for the rest of the trip-something to say when nothing else could be siad or even when prompted for a reponse to a question. Later that night, the manager of the campground was driving around at 11 or so, turning off generators and checking the camp. At one point he yelled something into the night and Aubreigh and I, still being awake, turned to Doug in our camper and asked, "What did he just yell?" Thinking that there was potentially a problem.. Doug grinned and said, "I don't know, but I think it was ................................IZEOWSAI!

Aubreigh is a keeper and a blessing in our lives. We love to see her come and cry when we see her go. Even though we aren't there to see all of her triumphs and see her through her valleys, we are very proud of her and are always here in case she decides to call or drop in for a visit. SO BIG UPS, GIRL- WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: