Saturday, October 11, 2008

Into The Great Wide Open

Ahh, Fall Break. Since Doug had to work and I needed to set up my classroom for my new class AGAIN (don't ask) we didn't take any long trips. However, this did not impede our desire to adventure, so we decided to go camping close to home.

Doug made a roaring fire......






We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows for s'mores...


And sang camp songs!





The weather was beautiful and there were so many stars.




We bunked down in our trusty tent to watch a video and eventually get some sleep



The facilities were very nice- comfortable beds, showers, electrical outlets-you name it, they had it.




We had such a great time, I would definitely recommend it to everyone.








In fact, the next morning, when I found him, Doug said it was some of the best sleep he'd ever had!

2 comments:

Dwiggins said...

you guys are so so cute. I'm glad you had so much fun this weekend. Sorry Chris and I were out for the count Chris barely made it through Saturday and I was gone for Sunday with the body aches and fevers. It sounds like Jess has it today. Anyhow. I love your blog.

Fuller's said...

Very creative! Love the camping trip and the fire pit! Glad you all came out of the blog closet.